Home

Sunday, June 6, 2021

Book Review: Descendant of the Crane by Joan He

Descendant of the CraneDescendant of the Crane by Joan He
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Descendant of the Crane by Mrs. Joan He is, without a doubt, a ten out of five stars. This book made me feel things for the characters, made me worry about some of them, and it also made me shocked at the same thing. This book is written so well that I can see myself reading this book over and over again. It’s that damned good and I wish there was second book in this series, because I want to know what happens to Yan after she leaves.

This book is about a princess named Haseina who learned that her father just died by some unnatural causes, and she goes through this journey to find out who killed her father and put the killer to justice. She uses the soothsayers to help her, but in the end it backfired on her because of her dumbass brother. But she does get help by a prisoner named Akira, who turns out to be very smart and had pretty much shut down two court cases, but wasn’t there when Hesina herself went to court for treason, which is fucked up.

When Hesina tried to save the sooths and finding all these clues about her father and who he really was hit home for me. She thought that he was her superhero, like most girls think about their fathers. But when she learned the truth, it shocked her to the point that it brought her to her knees-it hit that her father and her mother were one of the Elevens, and then they faked their deaths so Hesina can rule.

Cool, right?

Oh it was...until shit hit the fan, when they arrested Mei, and it turns out she’s a sooth who works/is side by side by Yanjing, Hesina’s brother, and survived a blast that should’ve killed her. Then LILIAN, the girl I really, really like, is killed, and then Hesina’s on trial thanks to her dumbass brother/viscount Caiyan, who allied himself with the Jin Guanyao/Meng Yao looking MFer Xia Zhong, who reminded me of that no good SOB in the Untamed SO BAD. If I can do an review or a character post on Xia Zhong, I would. Because he was just a creepy man that reminded me of Jin Guanyao SO MUCH that I hated him on sight.

And the prince of Kendi’a, thinking it’s a really cool idea to enslave those soothes like that...like fuck him, man. I’m glad she didn’t take the deal, because I would be angry if she did. But the ENDING...the EPILOGUE….CAIYAN’S POINT OF VIEW...he’s a sooth, and he orchestrated ALL OF THIS. Like...THE FUCKERY, MY BROHIEM?? MY BROHAM??? BUT WHY??? I want answers so bad, but at the same time I kinda understand too, but THE ENDING. WHY.

I loved this book so much, and I wish there was a second book so I can read it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment