Home

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Book Review: The Darkest Torment (Lords of the Underworld) by Gena Showalter

The Darkest Torment (Lords of the Underworld, #12)The Darkest Torment by Gena Showalter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Y'all...this book right here...

THIS BOOK GOT ME THIRSTY AF.

A book never had gotten me thirsty-never. As I sit here and think about it, nearly all the books I've read either made me want to rage or get me excited, but never, not in a million years, have a book made me thirsty until now. It's a modern day beauty and the beast, but with hellhounds, Hades being a total dick and love-sans the dancing part that I was looking for, and throw in the asshole half-immortal husband and you got yourself a book.

So this book is about Baden (who is NOT Jamie Fraser. Sadly. He dosen't talk in that sexy accent...dammit) BUT anywho Baden has the demon of Destruction inside him, along with the bands around his arms that forces him to do everything Hades does, earning him the title "Hades Bitch" (in which I don't like because he's not a bitch). First thing Hades tasks him with-get his coin. So he flashes to a church, where a wedding was taken place between Katarina Joelle and an asshole that I will not name (okay, it's Alekander...dammit).

A huge fight ensuses, and Baden demands that Alekander gives him the coin. Aleksander's stupid-ass said no, so Baden decided to take Katarina as his bride. Soon the two fall in love, and honestly it's so cute that she was secretly training him like one of her dogs and saying that she failed before she took her dogs-

SPEAKING OF DOGS...

Katarina adopted two dogs named Biscuit and Gravy-THAT ARE HELLHOUNDS MIND YOU, and now I want some hellhounds...*Waluigi's Wah insert here*-and they bit her, and she is now part of the Hellhound pack and also calls Baden and Distruction Baduction (which is a cute name).

BUT BY GOLLY THE SEX SCENES IN THIS BOOK. Normally I don't read books for the steamy sex scenes-sure I get a party in my pants but then it fades. THIS BOOK'S SCENES THOUGH...OH SWEET MERCIFUL BABY JESUS I CAN'T. The thirst I can't even....

But in the end, they live happily ever after..while another girl marries a goat and Cameo starts looking for Lazarus. Okay then...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment