Home

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Book Review: City of Ashes, A Shadowhunters Novel by Cassandra Clare

Oh gosh hi guys! I haven't been on here for a while-school (or college) had taken up my life last year since I started, and I couldn't get a time to sit down and write out a full-fledged book review till now...in the three weeks that we've been in 2019...but since I'm done with two books of the Mortal Instruments, City of Ashes.


City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Book two of the Mortal Instruments...what can I say about it? All except THIS BOOK BROKE ME. Most books don't break me often, but after re-reading City of Bones and moving on to this book, it broke the hell out of me. For one, I'm glad that Jocelyn's out of Valentine's grasp and into a hospital, but still under a sleeping spell, Clary and Jace are brother and sister, but they don't love each other that way (which, to me, was disgusting as hell when they found out that they were siblings. Like you don't kiss your siblings like that) and then Simon...my sweet baby boy...he's slowly turning into vampire, and he and Clary are dating, but like an idiot (I'm sorry to all the Clary fans) she keeps going to Jace.

Also, the Inquisitor was scary as hell when the second Mortal Instruments were stolen-by Valentine himself, who went to the Silent City to get it, even visiting Jace when he was thrown in there. That scene made me think that he wanted to tell him something (and I think he did, I don't remember) and then Clary, Alec and Isabelle came to the Silent City when they got a warning signal to go check it out, and all of the Silent Brothers were dead, and Jace was still in his cell, telling them what happened.

Clary had a bright idea and took her stele and created a new rune that came from her mind, wanting to free Jace. And it did, burning the metal down so he could get out. But once they went outside, the Inquisitor and Maryse, the Lightwoods' mother, was there, and they took Jace away, I think they ignored Clary, and the Inquisitor put Jace in another box, thinking that she could trade him for the Mortal Instruments...

But can we take a little break and talk about Maia Roberts? I already love her already, even though her stupid-ass boyfriend turned her into a werewolf. She has the scars on her neck and she was a good friend to Simon, even though he turned into a vampire and wanted to kill him at first. But then when the both of them got captured by Valentine and the fear demon, that hurt me so damn much-mostly because I was worried about them and hoped that they could get saved.

Then Valentine killed my son..and I wanted to rage SO BAD at him. Like why must you kill Simon though? He's a innocent boy-vampire-and you just killed him. But thank god that in the end, Clary blew up the ship, Simon drank Jace's blood and started walking in the sun now, and also my ship, Malec, had their date.

Oh and also Magnus had to watch Jace for a while. It was hilarious. Makes me want to stay over Magnus's place to read and party. I stan a Magnus Bane, okay??

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment