Home

Thursday, January 24, 2019

Book Review: Dark Blood, A Carpathian Novel by Christine Feehan

Dark Blood (Dark, #23)Dark Blood by Christine Feehan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

So...book three of THIS BOOK BROKE ME AS WELL...

This was a really good book-it honestly surprised me, mostly because of the spells they used (I got jealous because I can't write spells as well as Christine can) and how Zev had Branislava choose to be with him, and had a fear of caging her if they mated (which they did). That was honestly the thing that made me give this book more stars.

The banter between him, Dimitri, and Fen was funny, including their lifemates were pretty funny. But when you add demons and hellhounds...well, now you got me intrigued. *Insert Jason Momoa chair gif here* But the thing that broke me was Branislava and Tatijana's horrible past, locked up as dragons behind ice and saw everything their father and his twins brothers done and knew every spell they did and I almost cried and felt sorry for them because they saw every horrible thing their father had ever done, and then I got proud when Branka got stronger each time she unraveled his dark magic, his shadow, before he actually did anything bad.

And the scene that made me cry was the couples dancing in the forest clearing..THAT BROKE ME (the final fight broke me too). I mean, the couples and the children, they were so cute dancing around, that small moment before all hell broke loose (and I mean, all hell broke loose).

But the ending, when those three High Mages summoned Hemming, Zev's grandfather...OW MY HEART. That hurt so much. And he was wrapped in silver chains? Owwwie ow ow ow. And he didn't have long, so Branka took off the chains and he talked till he died...but ow that hurt so much. I think now when senior characters die, it makes me think of my grandmother that passed away. I mean, she's been gone for a couple year now, but it still hurts though...

Other than that, I loved it and the feels and PEOPLE BREAKING ME but I'm okay now..till the next book that may or may not break me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment