Home

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Book Review: City of Glass, a Shadowhunter Novel by Cassandra Clare

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ah yes, book three of the Mortal Instruments.......

THIS BOOK BROKE ME AS WELL.

Like it shouldn't, but the more I read this book, THIS BOOK BROKE ME AND MY SON JACE. Why don't we name this book How Many Rages Can Brittany and Jace Go Through Before They Are Officially Broken?. Because I raged so much at this book, and it broke me to the core-I was SHOOKETH. SHOOKETH I TELL YA, SHOOKETH TO THE CORES. It didn't do well for my rage because I kept raging each time something bad happens. Like for example, Valentine's stupid-ass kept an angel in the Wayland manor, and it showed both Clary and Jace what happened while he was chained up and used by Valentine for his damned experiments, then Simon being locked up by the Gard when the new Inquisitor, Inquisitor Aldertree, not believing him when he explained how he was turned into a vampire (turned into a rat thanks to one of the drinks at Magnus's party), then on the boat drank Jace's blood to be a Daywalker.

But while he was in prison, Raphael visited him in prison using a projection to talk to him, and then the thing that broke me number one: SIMON WAS TALKING TO HODGE, WHO WAS IN THE NEXT CELL OMG. Then when he escaped he was killed by Sebastian Verlac, who I was going to adopt, but I changed my mind when me and Jace found out that his name was truly Jonathan Morgenstern-aka Sebastian Morgenstern. So Jace isn't truly a Morgenstern or a half-demon, he's just Jace Wayland (which silently killed him, by the way)

And the announcement Clary made in front of the Clave about what Valentine was planning and showed them the rune was brave-and also JOCELYN WOKE UP AWWEEE YISS.

Also, MY SHIP KISSED.

THAT'S RIGHT. MALEC KISSED IN FRONT OF EVERYONE AND I CLAPPED BECAUSE DAMMIT, MAGNUS AND ALEC DESERVES EVERYTHING FOR THEM.

But the battle was honestly stupid, because one, the demons was just following Valentine's orders, and secondly the *iconic* move that Isabelle did when she cut off Sebastian's hand off-SO ICONIC. I felt sorry for Clary when her own father kidnapped her and put a slient rune on her and some magical chains that kept her there as she watched him summon the angel Raziel and watch him kill him, then wished for Jace to come back after she learned that she and Jace are not brother and sister.

And the story Jocelyn told Clary about her relationship with Valentine, what happened to her and Sebastian/Jonathan and then Jace's real family...like ow. Seriously. just ow.

And then the ending with Jace's letter. I sobbed. Because he wrote to her, saying that he's going after Sebastian, and wanted to tell her that he loved her before he did.

And also, before I forget, R.I.P. Max Lightwood. Fuck you, Sebastian Morgenstern.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment