Home

Saturday, March 17, 2018

Book Review: Too Much of a Good Thing by Kimberla Lawson Roby

Too Much of a Good Thing (Reverend Curtis Black, #2)Too Much of a Good Thing by Kimberla Lawson Roby
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I...have never hated....a Reverend in my life. Not even my own Reverend at my church. But Mr. Curtis Black? Revvy Rev Curtis Black? I. HATE. HIM. I hate Reverend Curtis Black SO MUCH that I don't know if I can put in words how much I HATE him. In fact, I never read a Kimberla Lawson Roby book before ever, so when I picked this book up, I went 'what the hey' and started to read it...and HATED Reverend Curtis Black for EVERYTHING HE DID IN THIS BOOK. LIKE DUDE THE HELL MAN.

First off, he really shouldn't be a Reverend at ANY church after what happened in the first book (that my library doesn't have) and now he's married to Mariah, but you're cheating on her with Adrienne (like why, why are you cheating on Mariah with your EX-BOOTY CALL?? Why, bro? Why? What was wrong with Mariah?), then turn around and cheated on BOTH Mariah and Adrienne with your baby mama, who's daddy told her that you'll be arrested for what you did once you THOUGHT about being with her and your son (in which I feel terrible for because of a terrible father you are. I mean, between you and Alexis Carrington Colby, you made the top five book/tv parents I can't stand) and the lies, man.

me throughout the whole book

And poor Alicia....Alicia, who actually hates you because of what you did to her mother is dating online to a boy named Julian (instantly, I thought of freakin' Julian Jerome, but then it disappeared when it turns out she was talking to a so-called nineteen year old boy who's screenname is 'JMoney1' like....how FREAKING ORIGINAL IS THAT?) whom she thought she loved to the point that she went with him to his apartment and got raped. I felt sorry for her as well because good lord Curtis, YOU WASN'T THERE FOR HER WHEN SHE NEEDED YOU. That's why I'm glad she came around to Tanya and James (especially James and Mariah) at the end.

And the thing with the deacons....DUDE SERIOUSLY? You're THAT mad at them because they won't accept the fact that you basically want to add a ATM in the church, so you get information about them? Good lord you IDIOT. But did I feel sorry for you when you got caught, twice? No...I actually said thank God for that. Did I feel sorry for you that Adrienne lied to you, sent that letter and tape of the both of you in bed, and her confession in the letter and your voice on the tape? Nope, not one fuck was given that day....Did I feel sorry for you when Adrienne came in the church and shot you twice, then shoot herself? Nope...but I actually liked it though because I thought you were getting what you deserved.

And now you're thinking of going to Mitchell with your baby mama to open up your own church? Go right ahead sir, I'll be here watching and waiting for you to mess up, okay? Okay.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment