Home

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Book Review: Mr. Cavendish, I Presume by Julia Quinn

Mr. Cavendish, I Presume (Two Dukes of Wyndham, #2)Mr. Cavendish, I Presume by Julia Quinn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book....I honestly have no words for it. I enjoyed reading it a lot and I almost cried at a couple parts of the book. And I disliked the dowager very very much. I know she wants the best for Cavendish, but good bloody lord woman, don't hark and yell every time you don't get your way-this ain't Burger King!!! But all in all I enjoyed this book very much and I would read it again.

What I liked about the book: the characters and the love growing between Cavendish and Amelia. They are engaged to be married and they didn't know not one dang thing about each other, so they start to spend time with each other by pouring over maps and actually talking about things they like. They even went to a pub so Thomas can get a Gladdish Baddish to calm his hangover. Then the trip to Ireland when Cavendish found out he wasn't the Duke of Wyndham anymore once he found out his long lost cousin was the true Duke of Wyndham and married her friend Grace. And the friendship blossoming between Amelia and Grace was cute too.

What I disliked about the book: The dowager and when Cavendish kissed Grace. I was like, bruh really? You kissed her when you're engaged? And then when he asked her to marry him! But I'm glad Grace said no to Cavendish and said yes to Jack at the end. I also didn't like Amelia's daddy neither because he wanted her to marry whoever the Duke of Wyndham was so she can be a duchess-which to me was really, really stupid.

Favorite Characters: Amelia Willoughby, Thomas Cavendish, Grace Eversleigh and Jack Cavendish-Audley.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment