Home

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Book Review: American Vampire Vol. 3 by Scott Snyder

American Vampire, Vol. 3American Vampire, Vol. 3 by Scott Snyder
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

So this review is late...

But I LOVED this comic. Though it was volume 3, I really really enjoyed the artwork, the story, Skinner Sweet (really weird that I liked him) and the new take on vampires-I loved it all. Then the other story about two hunters pretending to be synthesizers to a group of Nazi German vampires, even though one of the hunters had a son who was a vampire himself.

I've read this one over the summer when I was in Florida, and I couldn't stop reading it-it was so good that I read it twice. I loved the characters, the fight between Skinner and Pearl, but I did cry a little when Pearl killed Skinner, after he said, "I told you you had spunk. That's why I picked you, see? Because deep down, beneath your little housewife act, you're a bad girl, aren't you? A Bad, bad girl...all you needed was someone to bring it out of you. That's what's I'm here to do. Always."

Out of all the characters in the book, I liked Skinner Sweet more. Don't know why I do, but I guess it's because of his bad boy nature and how he kills people...I don't know what it is about Skinner, but I liked him the most. And now I really wanna get all the American Vampire Series so I can read more of the comic because I really enjoyed it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment