Home

Saturday, March 4, 2023

Book Review: Queens of Fennbirn by Kendare Blake

Queens of Fennbirn (Three Dark Crowns, #0.1-0.2)Queens of Fennbirn by Kendare Blake
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Queens of Fennbirn was actually pretty good…after the first story. I already told you my thoughts on The Oracle Queen, so I’ll talk about The Young Queens, which introduces Mirabelle, Arsinoe, and Katherine as young Queens before they grow up and start killing each other in the series.

I enjoyed The Young Queens. My favorite would have to be Arsinoe because she forgot about her sisters while she was with the Naturalists, even though her powers haven’t manifested yet. She’s smart, cunning, and wise, while my least favorite is Mirabelle. I don’t know why I feel like I wouldn’t like Mirabelle when I read the trilogy, but there’s something about her I just don’t like in a way. As for Katherine…eh. She’s okay. She’s scared of anything poisonous and she’s caring a lot.

Then I reread The Oracle Queen…and it was a gut punch to read it. SCREW FRANCESCA TO THE BLOODY SUN. Lying to her own queen like that-and doing it behind her back?! That’s cold right there. So dang cold. But I really loved Queen Elsabet and felt sorry for what happened to her. I wish it didn’t happen that way, and that she was going to be Queen forever, but nope. Even though Francesca wanted to be number one in her spot on the Black Council, it was still cold as heck to do that.

I am gonna read the rest of the series to see how the girls fare and who survives, but this was a pretty good (and pretty painful) beginning to the series.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment