Home

Thursday, March 23, 2023

Book Review: Elminster Must Die by Ed Greenwood

Elminster Must Die (Forgotten Realms: Elminster #6)Elminster Must Die by Ed Greenwood
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Sadly, after thinking about it for a day, this book is a one-star. I've never had a one-star before, but this is the first time that this happened-but I have plenty of reasons why this is a one-star. One, it was too long. I felt like it was dragging, and knowing as much as I know about Elminster, I thought he was going to use magic, but sadly he didn't, because if he did, he would go mad. So he had other people use magic for him.

Secondly, the jumping around with the POV. It was so confusing that I didn't know what was going on. All I knew was that Elmister was looking for some magical items to feed to his lover...and then it switched to the villain Manshoon, a beholder who had so many bodies to shift into, and he kept going into people's minds and riding them...then it switched to Amarune Whitewave, who is Elminster's great-grandniece or something like that? She's a dancer and is also known as the Silent Shadow, and she's all curled up with some lord Arclath and the both of them are trying to figure out what the hell is going on in Cormyr.

Then when it came to the other villain, Martlin Stormserpent...I really didn't care at all about him. He got two artifacts of these things called the Nine, and he's trying to summon them and all that? He summoned two, and the third one was someone else, not a fierce warrior. Martlin didn't hold my attention throughout the book, and he was just...boring in my opinion.

It was an okay book, nothing to really come home and tell mama about. If Ed Greenwood would just make the chapters a lot shorter and not all detailed and has a bunch of dialogue, then I think I would've enjoyed this book more than I did, and it certainly would've had more action than a bunch of murders and ghosts and Elminster not doing magic but actually doing some magic, then I would've loved it. Sadly I didn't and I should've DNFed it when I had a chance.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment