Home

Monday, November 7, 2022

Book Review: Public Library and Other Stories by Ali Smith

Public Library and Other StoriesPublic Library and Other Stories by Ali Smith
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

First time reading anything by Ms. Ali Smith, and I have to say…it was alright. Nothing to run home too, tbh. The stories were short, sweet, and had different themes throughout it-death, love, sometimes books and poetry. These shorts, though don’t really talk about libraries, have one character centered into the stories and they are going through things that don’t talk about libraries. But in between the stories, they do have people talking about what the library means to them and what they did for them or how they used to go as a child and how libraries made them.

This was a very interesting book and my first time, like I said, reading a short story collection. Some of the words felt like they were like run-on sentences, but the rest felt like stories I can slip into a little bit so I can read more short stories every once in a while-maybe from an anthology or something like that. Do I want to read more of Ali Smith’s work? Maybe, even though these short stories were cute and short. I think the only ones I liked were Grass and The Poet. The rest were alright, nothing to run home and tell mama about, tbh.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment