Home

Monday, November 14, 2022

Book Review: Dragonlance: Dragons of Autumn Twilight by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman

Dragons of Autumn Twilight  (Dragonlance: Chronicles, #1)Dragons of Autumn Twilight by Margaret Weis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Dragonlance has been around for a long time, and now reading the first book made me so happy to read it, but I realize that some of the characters kinda tick me the hell off. I’ll get into more later, but for now, let’s talk about my thoughts.

Dragons of Autumn Twilight is a fantasy novel split into two books-one is meeting the characters and them going on an adventure to help a barbarian chieftain named Goldmoon and her lover Riverwind, to return a staff that’s blue and also find the disks of the goddess Mishakal. The second half of the group has them pick up a couple people to go to Pax Thakas so they can stop the Dragon Lord Verminaard and his dragon, Ember, from attacking the eleven city and also in the process save the miners and their families that Verminaard has kept far away from the workers, hiring draconians and gully dwarves. Book one was kinda slow for me and it irritated me, mostly because of Raistlin rushing everyone to get to Xak Tsarsoth, but then when I read book two, that’s when things started to pick up, and I started to like it even more.

The whole relationship thing was good, though the one I just felt like it was forced was Tanis and Laurana, even though they have been friends/lovers since they were children. Laurana annoyed me, mostly because she acts like Tanis still wants her, when I don’t think he does. When he tells her that he fell for Kitiara, Caramon and Raistlin’s half-sister, she got angry enough to get the ring back, then turned around and followed him to Pax Thakas. Like girl, really?? You love him that much?? Calm down.

And Raistlin??? Even though he annoyed me about his rushing people to get someplace, I actually like the mage-to a fault. I’m suspecting him for some reason, like I don’t really trust him that much. But I’m gonna keep a close eye on him. Caramon, he’s cool, honestly. He and Raistlin reminds me SO MUCH of Dante and Vergil from Devil May Cry-Vergil wanting to be alone, Dante chasing after him.

Strum is the least likeable one I liked. He just annoyed me for some reason, and I kind of wanted him to stop, tbh. Yes, he’s a Knight of Solamina, but he takes it too far in some parts of the book that I silently wanted him to shut up and either let Tanis lead or quit suspecting Raistlin because you don’t like him, my guy.

Sheesh.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment