Home

Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Book Review: City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare

City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5)City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This might be the I Hate Sebastian Morgenstern book review, and honestly…it is.

I really, REALLY don’t like Sebastian Morgenstern, even if he forced Jace to tie himself to him thanks to Lillth’s mark. Even if he tried to be the best brother to Clary, even though I kept thinking, “Sebastian is a jumped up little shit, I know he is, he’s up to SOMETHING.” and hot damn I was right, he was up to something. The little shit had the AUDACITY to reveal that he’s going to raise his “mother” Lilith from the underworld so he can make infernal Shadowhunters, and then he actually had the bloody nerve to kiss Clary after teasing her about Jace and her alone, WHICH WAS THE MOST DISGUSTING THING I’VE EVER READ IN MY LIFE AND I WANT TO SHANK THAT JUMPED UP LITTLE SHIT.

And Alec…poor, poor Alec. He wants to be with Magnus SO SO BADLY, you can tell. But then he started to get suspicious about Magnus all of a sudden, being all insecure about their relationship because Magnus lived for a long time and he didn’t, and he wanted Magnus to grow old with him. So guess who he went to?

Camille Belcourt.

And what did Camille suggest?

That he finds a way to take half of Magnus’s immortal life.

Thank god he didn’t do it, but Magnus found out and they broke up, which made me sad because I loved them and I wanted them together forever. But at least they worked together and had that ‘Magnus fell and Alec couldn’t do anything but kill the evil shadowhunters that wanted to kill them or follow Sebastian then go over to him and try to heal him’ and I almost CRIED for my boys because I loved them and wanted them to be together. But it did suck that Camille was killed by Maureen.

And then Simon, in the middle of it all. With his mother calling him a monster, his sister basically believing him and trusting him, to having a weird relationship with Isabelle and summoning the angel Raziel for something that’ll help split Jace and Sebastian apart. When Raziel gives him the Archangel Michael’s sword, he takes it to where Sebastian was doing his evil ritual to bring back Lilith and make his infernal shadowhunters, he passed it to Clary when she asked for it and Clary stabbed Jace, freeing him from Sebastian’s control, then the Heavenly Fire went into Jace and now he has the fire??? And he’s going to use it to stop Sebastian (which I full heartily agree on?)

It was a really good book, just Sebastian irked the hell out of me like Dio did in the JoJo manga and what Maven did in Red Queen.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment