Home

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Book Review: Devil's Daughter by Lisa Kleypas

Devil's Daughter (The Ravenels, #5)Devil's Daughter by Lisa Kleypas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh lord, this book...this book make me have so many feels...I even cried at the end, that's how good it was. BUT once again, my husband and loml Sebastian was in it and thus, my feels were all over the place. But once again, before I go on about the love of my life and favorite heroes of all time, let's get through the book review first...

So Phoebe is the single mother of two boys after her husband died, and was promised marriage to a loser (to me he is) named Edward Larson, who's her late husband's cousin. But during Gabriel's and Phoebe's wedding, she runs into no other than West Ravenel, a man that has teased her husband when they were in boarding school. At first, she hated him because of what he did to Henry, but then she forgave him, and was actually shocked that her children liked being around him.

But that dinner scene between them was so cute and I loved it so much (including the recipe at the end of the book). Also, there was a scene where West saved Justin from the bull that nearly hurt him. I honestly gasped when it happened, because I started to worry about him, but was glad that he got better. Then came him coming to the house to help her and hot damn, that's when they're romance blossomed (actually, it blossomed when they kissed).

When West came to the house to help her with the ledgers, that's when it got really romantic. West was staying at the small cottage back in the house I believe, and holy moly the secret meetings at night (and they were passionate good lord) but my favorite scene was when she shaved his beard, thus giving me a kink I didn't even know I liked-I like it when men get shaved. I don't know why, but it was sexy as hell...

ANYWHOO...

West then had to leave for the both of them because of stupid ol' Edward coming back and also because he had a mistress behind Phoebe's back, and also he was taking money from Justin's inheritance to buy a house and all the luxurious things he needed for his mistress and his son. He even had the gall to ask Phoebe to marry him when she didn't feel not one damned thing for him anymore, and she said that she was going to remove him as trustee and put her father as the main trustee now.

Then West went back to drinking for a couple of days because he couldn't get Phoebe out of his head, and his friend Tom Severin took him to Jenner's, where he was nearly killed by Edward because he thought he could just try and convince my husband that he was the right one for Phoebe, and also because he thought he filled her mind with so many things about him, but Sebastian stopped him. Then the ending when Phoebe asks him to marry him and he said yes was just perfect.

BUT HOLD ON, WAIT A MINUTE, LET'S TALK ABOUT MY HUSBAND IN A COUPLE CHAPTERS, SHALL WE?

That one chapter with him in the tub when Evie went to go find him to talk to him was soo good. Even when he was counting down for her to take off her dress, only for her to be like, "go ahead"...and then the conversation they had afterward I CAN'T...I just CAN'T....and the train scene OMGGG was so cute...even when Evie played Patti-Cake with Stephen....

I loved this book so much and now I want to read more of her books.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment