Home

Friday, July 12, 2019

Book Review: Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J, Maas

Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

HO-LY CRAP.

THIS BOOK RIGHT HERE.

I thought Throne of Glass was gonna be the death of me. But as soon as I opened up this book, I was wrong. I mean, I didn't know who thine hell is Aelin Ashryver Galathynius, and looked deranged while trying to figure it out, but when Chaol found out for me....HO-LY CRAP. I didn't know it was her. I swear to God, I didn't know.

But lemme talk about the one thing that killed me more than the Red Wedding: Nehemia's death. That broke the unholy hell out of me, and the last conversation Celeana had with her...the last one before she died...good lord, man. That sucked. And I'm glad Celeana got her revenge for her by killing Archer and delivering his head to the King (though I don't like the King. I truly don't. He can go fuck himself to the other side of the world. Just fuck right on off.) Then when Kaltain appeared again, I wanted to rage because I don't like her.

BUT DORIAN. Lemme talk about my precious boi, the Crown Prince. Because at first when he saw Chaol and Celeana together, he was like 'I'm going to forget her' and then after a meeting with his father BOOM magic powers appears and holy shit my son has magic, but he has to hide it from his father, but then when the carnival came and Baba Yellowlegs came in the picture, and had to ask questions about it, she scared him (I think she did) a bit and he ran off, but when Celeana came to see her...whooboy that fight though...

Holy crap the fight. I was worried for Celeana and thought that she was gonna die, but she killed the Ironteeth witch before she can tell him what Dorian told her.

Then the kidnapping of Chaol and the murder of all those people...hadn't seen that much rage in Celeana and it was fantastic. But the fight with the creature she summoned because she wanted to see Nehemia again...and Archer showing the eff up (that pissed me off) and Celeana tricking him to tell the truth before the ceature attacked...

And Celeana turned into a fae and used magic and killed the creature, that shocked me even more, and I'm glad it's dead, because if ANYTHING happened to Fleetfoot or my son, I was gonna kill someone...BADLY.

But the ending...when Chaol sent Celeana to Wendlyn to be safe, and when he found out about who she truly was...Aelin Ashryver Galathynius....holy crap.

I need to read the next book now.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment