Home

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Book Review: Heir of Fire, a Throne of Glass novel by Sarah J. Maas

Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3)Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book...this book, this book, this book. Holy moly. I thought this book was fantastic and amazing and I loved every bit of it. The ending shocked the living hell out of me, to the point that I didn't pick up anything else for a whole entire day (and mostly because it was Golden Girls day and I just sat and binged-watched the Golden Girls all day without getting on the computer). And part one, reading about Celeana's struggles and grappling with Nehemia's death and everything else she went through in the first two books was heartbreaking and I wanted to hug her...but first, can we just stop for a moment and talk about the new characters I've met while reading this book:

Rowan Whitethorn: First off, when I first met him, I was literally shouting, 'Go the other way, please! Don't come near me...no...NO....goddammit Sarah J. Maas *falls into his lap, drags him to the church, marries him and becomes the new Mrs. Rowan Whitethorn*' and then, you know, my lovely obsession with silver-haired men goes on. And learning about his past, when he was mated to another woman and comes back home and found out that she died was heartbreaking that I wanted to hug my husband so bad. But the one thing that irritated me a bit with him was when he kept telling Celeana/Aelin to shift (I wanted to smack him silly for saying it). But I love my Fae hawk-turning man so much (and sad that I have to wait till the next book to see him again...which I don't have right now). Oh and I almost forgot he has a tattoo...and it's sexy af.

Aedion Ashryver: I was a bit skeptical about him the moment he walked in, but then when I kept on reading, I started to like him. Mostly because he's secretly plotting against the king to put Aelin on her rightful throne, and pretending to do all those battles for the King. He even through the ring the King gave him away because he knew something was weird with it. And I felt a bit sorry for Chaol when Aedion had to beat him up once he found out that he was following him.

Manon Blackbeak: Oh hello there. How are you? Out of all the female characters that Sarah J. Maas has written, Manon has to be my favorite one in this book. She's vicious, beautiful, smart, cunning, and I love her SO DAMNED MUCH. She's Wing Leader (at the end of the book), she steals from the Spiders for their spider silk for her wyvern (YEP THAT'S RIGHT WYVERNS. THERE'S WYVERNS IN THIS BOOK HELL YES) and also she knows what she wants as well. She even took the weakest dragon, named him Abraxos, replaced his teeth and tail with iron, and he flew and won the War Games.

Queen Maeve: I HATE HER. Just like the King, I HATE HER WITH ALL MY HEART. CAN'T FUCKING STAND THIS BITCH. I DON'T KNOW WHY I CAN'T STAND THIS BITCH, AND I HOPE SHE DIES IN A FIREY PIT AND NEVER COME OUT EVER AGAIN. I JUST DO I DON'T KNOW WHY. I'M ALSO GLAD THAT ROWAN IS NO LONGER TIED TO YOUR DUMBASS.

Sorscha: This bean I loved her so much...till the end...when her head got cut off...WHAT THE FUCK... But she helped my son Dorian control his magic by researching everything, and also she fell in love with him, which sucked at the end. It did, seriously. I hated it when I read it. I hated it that it happened to her. She was honestly one of my other favorite characters.

And the memories of Aelin and how she survived was horrible, and it was spun by the King?? FUCK THE KING. FUCK HIM. Fuck him for what he did to Aelin, fuck him for everything. And what he did to Dorian?? Like why??? Why would you do that??? The ending sucks SO MUCH and I want to read the next book and the others because THE ENDING IS FUCKED UP SO MUCH.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment