Home

Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Book Review: Lady Osbalderstone and the Missing Christmas Carols by Stephanie Laurens

Lady Osbaldestone and the Missing Christmas Carols (Lady Osbaldestone's Christmas Chronicles, #2)Lady Osbaldestone and the Missing Christmas Carols by Stephanie Laurens
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was the cutest book ever. I'm starting to like reading Lady Osbaldestone during the holidays, because of the Christmas spirit and how gentle and kind it is, instead of Stephanie's other books I like. This time, Lady Osbaldestone and her grandchildren, Jamie, Lottie, and George, along with newcomer Melissa are on the case of the missing Christmas Carols. The organist, Richard Mortimer, needs music sheets to play them. While they are trying to find the missing Christmas Carols in time for the Christmas service, romance is in the air with Richard and a harpist named Faith, which is sweet and budding, even though Richard is hiding a secret about himself.

I liked how Jaime, Lottie, George, and Melissa tried to figure out where the missing Carols would be, while at the same time becoming part of the quire that would sing in the Carol service. I did chuckle at a couple of parts of the book, like how Lottie and Melissa knew that the match between Richard and Faith would happen, so they hung back sometimes, and I also really liked how they worked hard on their parts for the Christmas Pagent and the Carol service.

I think my favorite part of the book was the mystery. It was the focal point of the book, and you can see the frustration that everyone has trying to find that book. When they do find it, thanks to the help of a viscount and others, they find it in the most unlikely of places, which is the pantry-turns out, Reverend Coldburn put it there when he did something, I forgot, to be honest. But still, I got worried for a moment that they wouldn't find the book, but when they presented the book to Richard, I felt so much relief from it. But also, the special little quire got some new tenors and bass and others, and the Carol service went off without a hitch.

There was also a little skinny of Richard Mortimer and who he truly was, and when he told Faith who he really was after he fell hard for her, I could tell that he wanted to tell her, but because of his fear of his family he didn't do it, but at the end he did, which I'm glad for. But then, it looked like another budding romance with Melissa and the young viscount, but it didn't happen.

I really enjoyed the twists and turns of this one, it was so good at the end :)

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment