Home

Sunday, December 10, 2023

Book Review: Her Christmas Future by Tara Taylor Quinn

Her Christmas Future (The Parent Portal #7)Her Christmas Future by Tara Taylor Quinn
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This book...didn't make a bitter damn sense to me. This book made me have a headache because of how much of a mess this is. This is a second chance, age gap, accidental pregnancy, and for the love of god it was such a hot mess that I needed something to help me get through it. It was so weird and so frustrating that I wanted to DNF it SO BAD. That's how much this book confused me-mostly because it didn't make any sense to me at all.

This book is about Dr. Olivia Wrainwright driving home one night after spending the night over at her ex-husband's house, panicking because oh no, she might be pregnant, oh noes, she shouldn't have done that, and the next day, oh no I might be pregnant with his baby, I can't carry it, oh no what do I do? So she told her closest friend and she suggested taking the plan B pill. But as she thought about what to do with the pill-she called her mama and her ex-husband, Martin, about it, and she still didn't take the darn thing. So then she decided to keep the baby, but since she couldn't carry it because of her uterus I believe, she decided to get a surrogate to carry it for her.

The most annoying thing about this book that just frustrates the hell out of me is the back-and-forth between Olivia and Martin. Do they want to stay away from each other or do they want to be together? It was so frustrating that I just wanted them to decide for one another, or they could just not deal with this and I'll make the decision for them, and then after that, they can just co-parent when the baby comes? That was my plan, but then after they thought about it and spent Christmas together, they decided to get married again, and then they were there when the baby was born.

This book frustrated me so much that I originally gave it a three-star, but then after thinking about it, I'm gonna give it a two-star. It made me so upset and made me get a headache that I had to bring the stars down. I have never read a frustrating book before in my life until now, and I hate it so much.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment