Home

Thursday, October 12, 2023

Book Review: Death Overdue: A Haunted Library Mystery by Allison Brook

Death Overdue (The Haunted Library Mysteries, #1)Death Overdue by Allison Brook
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this book when I read it as an audiobook. I gave it three stars because I felt like the narrator took me out of the story for just a bit, and the story was so cozy and sometimes a bit boring. I think if I read it physically or on my Kindle it would've been better and I would've enjoyed myself. But anyway, this one is about Carrie Singleton, who moves back to Clover Ridge and is living with her aunt and uncle, and is also working at the local library. When she's called into the head librarian's office and is offered a new position at the job. When she was about to open her mouth to turn it down, that's when someone in her ear told her to think about it. When she did, that's when things started to change in her life.

After a day of thinking about it, she accepted the position of Head of Programs and Events, and thanks to the ghostly help, along with gaining a rival, Carrie is starting to enjoy living at Clover Ridge. Her first event is an ex-cop named Al Buckley, who claims that he has new evidence about the murder of Laura Foster. During the event, Al got poisoned and died, thus leaving Carrie feeling sorry for herself for even having the event.

While she was feeling sorry for herself, she teams up with Jared Foster to find out who killed Al and his mother, all the while she's settling down, getting a cottage that's not that far from town, almost working with Evelyn, the ghost who haunts the library, to find out who did it and why. When she found out who did it at a house party, I was kinda surprised, but at the same time, I wasn't. I thought it was Ryan, Jared's brother, because of how uncomfortable he made me and Carrie. Dylan was just...Dylan, to be honest.

But if I read this again physically, I think I would've enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. The voice just took me out of the book, and the ending shocked me a little bit.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment