Home

Monday, November 22, 2021

Book Review: Night Pleasures by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)Night Pleasures by Sherrilyn Kenyon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Born to extreme wealth, Kyrian of Thrace wielded charm and charisma as powerfully as he wielded his sword.

Oh how I miss the world of the Dark Hunters. I miss these badasses so much!!! This book is about my boy, Kyrian of Thrace, and the love of his life, Amanda Deveraux. Amanda wants a simple life-no supernatural involved. One day, she gets kidnapped, getting mistaken for being her sister Tabitha, and woke up chained next to a very sexy man with blonde hair and dark eyes, and...fangs?! Nope. Nope. Nope. She wanted out. But then…

The both of them started to fall in love while Kyrian played the game of “I’m not gonna be attracted to her because good god it’s part of a code to not fall in love” but he fell in love with her anyway. The one thing that did it for me was Theone’s betrayal and Kyrian’s torture in the hands of the Roman Valerious, which was horrible and reading how he broke Kyrian’s legs, then Desiderious doing the same damn thing...that hurt my soul.

But when Acheron Parthenopaeus showed up, that’s when I stood at attention (ha ha, not really). Ash and I have been around each other for so long, that seeing him again made me smile. I really liked how Ash helped Amanda and told her how to handle Kyrian’s soul, though the price he paid for it hurts so damn much. And the painful betrayal that Amanda faked in order to give him back his soul hurted too-but I’m glad she acted along with the betrayal in order to give him his soul back, because I really didn’t want Kyrian to be alone again.

I also loved the appearance of Talon because I missed him too. I wanted to hug the little goober the moment I saw him, because he and Kyrian worked so well, and the way the both of them worked with Amanda while Desiderius was trying to torment the both of them until he died. But the ending was perfect, and I wondered what name did Artemis whispered in Ash’s ear before she disappeared, making my boy go cold? Whoever it was, it scared him half to death, but at least Kyrian and Amanda are happy and are having a baby!! Yay!!!

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment