Home

Monday, November 22, 2021

Book Review: The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab

The Invisible Life of Addie LaRueThe Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A girl is running for her life.

With those words, I got hooked on this story. This book felt like a Dr. Faustus novel, but with a girl who was invisible to everyone, until someone can finally see her. Her name Adeline LaRue, and she made a deal with a god that listened. This was my first time picking up anything nby V.E. Schwab, and I have to say, this was a very interesting book to read, to just sit and get comfortable and read it. Addie is a very complex character, and with her battle with the Darkness, or Luc as she calls him, seeing history unfolding in front of her in three hundred years and living it is very beautiful to read.

What drew me into this book was the fact that Henry Strauss remembered her. No one else did. Addie kept hoping and praying that he’d forget about her, but each day, he didn’t, and they fell in love...until that one day, when she learns about Henry’s deal with Luc, and does something that’ll change their lives forever. Many, many times, I kept wishing that Addie didn’t learn about Henry’s deal with Luc, and only wished that Henry could live longer, stay longer, to not die after a year. But then...things don’t go as people wish, doesn’t it?

For starters, that ENDING. It pissed me off at the end, but as I kept reading it, I kept getting madder than ever. I thought that Henry and Addie would live forever, instead Addie went to Luc instead and just fucking gave herself up to him for Henry’s sake. Though I hate it, instead Henry turned it around and turned everything she told him into a book, and hot damn, it worked. I don’t wanna spoil more because someone else is reading it, BUT I really enjoyed the book, but I really loved The Darkness, or Luc.

Luc was the most enchanting character I’ve ever met. Honestly. Very enchanting, very smart, very good at what he does. He’s very sneaky and I loved that about Luc, and I keep wondering how things would be if she just stayed invisible, but still remembered Henry while Henry’s soul was with Luc. Would she still make that deal??? Would she still refuse Luc?? So many questions are in my head right now as I write this review, but don’t worry, I really did love this book and I would re-read it again in a heartbeat.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment