Home

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Book Review: The Halfling's Gem (The Legend of Drizzt #6) by R.A. Salvatore

The Halfling's Gem (Forgotten Realms: Icewind Dale, #3; Legend of Drizzt, #6)The Halfling's Gem by R.A. Salvatore
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Okay, this book...has nearly torn me apart, made me jump and jerk a bit, and it also made me worry for Regis as HE GOT KIDNAPPED BY ARTEMIS ENTRERI.

But before I start yelling into the void about that, let’s go on with my book review.

So as I said, Regis is kidnapped by Artemis Entreri, and is going through hell. So Drizzt and Wulfgar went after him after leaving the Harpell’s mansion. They follow Entreri’s trail towards Calimport, where Regis is brought to Pasha Pook. But before they can even do that, they have to go visit a banshee named Agatha to get a mask for Drizzt, since people are still kinda bullshittingly scared of drow. They went to visit the village where Agatha is haunting. They ask where the banshee was hiding and they go to her. They had a little fight with her, and then they grabbed her mask and off to Calimport they go.

Though when Drizzt put on the mask, he looks like a surface elf, and I saw the battle waging within him each time he puts on the mask, until he went underground and took it off. I have to say, when the mask slipped off on the boat, I got worried that the captain was going to throw him off because of the color of his skin, but then after the men on the boat came up and said that yeah, the drow scares me, but at the same time he saved our asses, so I’m okay with the drow on the boat (they had to fight pirates thanks to the wizard doing the ‘Now All Of China Knows You’re Here’ meme)

But I’d never thought I’d see the fear in Regis’s eyes when he saw Pasha Pook again. I got worried about him because Pasha is a horrible piece of shit that needs to die, and I really don’t care about Lassiter or Rassiter, and I’m glad Entreri killed him. But then when Pasha sent Drizzt, Wulfgar, Cattie-Brie, and Bruenor to the other plane called Tarterus, where Catti-Brie NEARLY dies, but the good thing is that Drizzt saved her, AND THEY SHARED A TENDER KISS (actually Drizzt tenderly kissed her, though he’s still battling his feelings for Cattie-Brie, even though she’s with Wulfgar, and she was unconscious).

But the one thing I loved throughout the book was Bruenor Battlehammer surviving the fall thanks to Drizzt’s sword, Icingdeath. He fought his way back, but if it wasn’t for the Lady Alustrel’s help, then no more Bruenor.

But I was wondering where Guenhwyvar was, because we see bits and pieces of her in the book. But it turns out Artemis had her, and he gave it to Pasha, but even he couldn’t even control her as she took Regis to the astral plane, and she also helped him with the wererats problem by taking him to some other cats and let them loose at the wererats.

I really did enjoy this book and I am gonna read all of them (i ordered some more for Christmas, so next year is going to be FANTASTIC) and with each book I read, I’m loving each and every bit of it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment