Home

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Book Review: Cloaked in Shadow by Ben Alderson

Cloaked in Shadow (The Dragori, #1)Cloaked in Shadow by Ben Alderson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book has been on my TBR since I heard about it. I’ve been following Ben on twitter and Instagram, and when I heard that he’s writing a book, I was eager, mouth salivating, waiting to get this book in my hands. Now that I’ve read the first book, I am proud to say that I loved every bloody bit of it. Every word, every character, the world. I absorbed it all, and I’m glad to have read this book, because I’m on the CIS train till I read every last word and love these characters to bits.

Speaking of characters, I have to say, I love my baby boy Zacriah Trovirn, who was the cinnamon roll throughout the book. He is always helping people, always trying to do what’s right, like finding out who shot the prince while they were exploring the forest where everyone died, or how embarrassed he gets when the prince calls him ‘Petal’, which I didn’t like at first, but then it grew on me each time he used it. But then when the cinnamon roll snapped...one, I was not prepared for it. I’m never prepared for the sweet people snapping. But honestly, I think he had every right to snap after he found out who shot the arrow and tried to kill those people, though once Nyah and the prince got him out, he felt horrible for doing it.

I also love Nyah as well. She’s so strong and always threatening to smack someone, even if they were the prince. Nyah made me laugh the whole entire time, and I’m glad that she and Zac are friends, because she’s always there for her friends, and she supports them, even though sometimes it doesn’t make any since.

And Prince Hadrian...the Dragori, the fire Dragori...I fell for him the moment he entered the room, but then as he and Zac started spending time together, I started to ship them, and the kiss before the duel...I WAS NOT PREPARED FOR THAT KISS. I had to take a step back and compose myself because GOD WHAT A KISS. Honestly. It was. I loved that so much.

BUT THEN, IT WENT TO HELL AT THE END.

I got worried when Petrer or whatever his name was broke Zac’s hand to put the golden band on it, the King, WHO I SIDE-EYED THE MOMENT HE APPEARED and it turned out he was a druid who can turn into some kind of shadow beast, and Commander Alina was the one who shot the prince and is working for the Morthi, WHICH IS CRAP but I digress, it sucks so many balls, and I’m glad she’s dead, but I got worried after Hadrian snapped Zac back to his normal self.

I really enjoyed this one and I can’t wait to read the next two. Ben is a fantastic writer and it made me feel so many emotions, and I loved every bit of it.


View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment