Home

Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Book Review: T'Witches: The Power of Two by H.B. Gilmore & Randi Reisfeld

The Power of Two (T*Witches, #1)The Power of Two by H.B. Gilmour
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book...I’ve read this book when I was a kid. I loved it as a kid? Now? I still like it, but...but now as I sit here and finish reading this book...I like it just a little bit less. Yes I’m older and reading this book makes me feel like I’m back in Elementary School again, but as I read it now, for nostalgia reasons, I realize that I’ve quite...outgrown this book and the world, but I still fell in love with it.

This book is about twins named Artemis and Apolla, who had to be separated because of evil warlock named Thanatos (cool name for a warlock, yo) is hunting down the baby girls for evil (now who does this sounds like? Hmmm….oh hello Klaus Mikaelson back when you hunted down doppelgangers to break a spell...and also Thanos from the Avengers). Ileana and Karsh, the ones watching over them, separated them so Thanatos wouldn’t find them.

Years later they meet again, but under different names-Alexandra “Alex” Fielding and Camryn “Cam” Barnes-and they are totally different people. Alex is a goth kid that changes her hairstyle almost every single day, but she can read people’s minds, and Cam is a preppy kid who can see the future. They met when Cam’s family went to Montana to Big Sky, where they met and saved a family who was about to fall from a ferris wheel. After doing some enchantments, they fix the ferris wheel so the family doesn’t fall.

Of course, the first time they met they didn’t think that they were siblings at all. But once Alex’s mother died and Karsh flew her to Marble Bay, that’s when they realize they were (well, after two things happened to the twins that they couldn’t explain and they had to get a DNA test to find out if they were), that’s when weird stuff started happening.

First, a very popular singer, Marileigh Cooper, has gone missing. Cam and Alex are trying to figure out what happened to her so they can bring her back home safely. Secondly, they start to have weird dreams about a man (who turns out to be Karsh) and they learn a couple tricks from him. While they were trying to solve the case of Marileigh Cooper, they find that Alex can read minds and Cam can see the future (not like Raven, sadly…)

But the solve the Marileigh Cooper case, finding out that Tonya Gladstone fake-kidnapped her so she can rescue her and bring her back home so they can be friends...yeah no, that didn’t happen. Because Cam and Alex found her, but at the same time they ran into someone (Thantos) before Ileana and Karsh dealt with him. In the end, the pop singer is safe and everyone’s fine. I don’t know if I’m going to read the rest of the series or just stop at book one (i fact, I’ll just stop at book one) but it’s an okay book. Might pick it up in the future.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment