Home

Sunday, September 27, 2020

Book Review: Wicked Fox (Gumiho, #1) by Kat Cho

Wicked Fox (Gumiho, #1)Wicked Fox by Kat Cho
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book piqued my interest because 1.) foxes and 2.) the beautiful cover on the book. So when I picked it up and read the first pages, I knew I fell in love with this book. This book and this world sucked me in, and I couldn't stop reading. It read like an actual K-Drama that I would totally watch a couple seasons of, because holy hell this was a really good book.

So this book is about Gu Miyoung, a gumiho who moved to Seoul because something happened to her in Osaka, and on top of that, we see her hunting down her prey. Then once she steals the gi of her prey, she gets into a fight with a dokkaebi. At the same time a boy named Jihoon comes in the photo with his small dog, and that's how the ball got rolling. I love the fact that Miyoung's mother was also a gumiho, but to be controlled by her own daddy by her fox bead, which, might I add, was messed up. Honestly. SO. MESSED. UP. And then the thing with Jihoon’s Halemoni was messed up as well-including the fact that Miyoung had to sneak into the hospital to try and save his halemoni, only to find out that she can’t.

But the stories inbetween the actual story, of the gumihos throughout the years got me. To follow the stories and tales about the gumiho was very interesting, and I hoped that the author writes more in the next book (that I’m going to pick up and read soon because OMG I love them so much??). But my favorite out of all these wonderful characters has to be Junu the dokkaebi. He cracked me up the whole entire time and I loved him, and I hope he’s in the next book because I would love to see him again. (also he kinda reminds me of Magnus Bane but different? I can't place my finger on it, but he does.)

I really do reconmend this book because in my head, I saw it as an anime/K-Drama and I wanna read more!!!

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment