Home

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Book Review: Allegiant (Divergent #3) by Veronica Roth

Allegiant (Divergent, #3)Allegiant by Veronica Roth
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Good night, Allegiant. Though this was a beautiful ending to a great series that I never, ever thought I'd pick up and read all three books, it was wonderful. From beginning to end, the Divergent Series has now became one of my favorite book series ever. Though I got confused because of the dual perspectives (and honestly, I hated being in Four/Tobias's head. I really did.) I got the hang of it, all the way to the ending, where I know why everyone I told on Instagram that I was reading this book that it was heartbreaking-but honestly I was confused. Really confused. But I thought since this is the last book of the Divergent series, I thought I give my final thoughts on the two dual perspectives.



Tris Prior

Tris Prior....good lord, girl. Throughout Divergent, Insurgent and now Allegiant, you have always been the tough girl, the girl who changed factions-from Abnegaation to Dauntless, stopped Jeanine Matthews and now you're trying to find your place in the New World called Chicago, while trying to figure out your relationship with Four. When you found out that he wasn't Divergent and he got upset about it, you told him you didn't care at all, even though you're Divergent yourself. Sure you still hated your brother Caleb for what he did, betraying you, but in the end you forgave him before you went in that room...and died. Your death was quite shocking to me when I read it, to tell you the truth, and I didn't want you to die. I wanted you to grow up and be with Four forever. But you will be missed, Tris Prior.



Tobias Eaton/Four

Four...Tobias.....YOU SIR, ARE A LITTLE SHIT. I'm sorry to call you that, but in Allegiant...in Allegiant you pissed me off every single time I read your perspective. Because you joined up with Nita and got your stupid ass caught and went to jail (or wherever you went), and in the beginning of the book you joined up with your mother-YOUR BLOODY MAMA-and I don't care if you're her son and you betrayed her in the end (which I felt like was the only good thing you did), YOU MADE ME SO MAD BY DOING THOSE THINGS. And the ending...SON. I CAN'T, DAMMIT, I CAN'T. Now I wanna hug you and call you my cinnamon roll, WHEN I DON'T WANT TO.

I really did love this book (though I yelled at Four throughout the whole entire thing). I don't know if I wanna read the Four novella book (still deciding on it) but one day I will.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment