Home

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Book Review: Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3) by Lisa Kleypas

Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3)Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

HOLY CRAP. THIS BOOK THO. This book....had me crying and gasping till the end. And....I am in love with Sebastian, Lord St. Vincent....DANG NABBIT. I swore it wasn't supposed to happen, but as the book progressed and that he started to change...I fell for him. Badly. Dang it.

BUT before we can get into many reasons why I like Sebastian, Lord St. Vincent, let's get into the book review.

The book began with Evie coming to him with a proposition: marry her. Sebastian looked at her like she was crazy at first, but then he decided to do it. But there is a second proposition: they can't make love after the wedding night. At first, he didn't like the idea, but the more he hung around her, even when he took over her father's club, he slowly but surely fell in love with her. After the (tiring) wedding they had at Gretna Green and they made love the day after, they went back to England, Evie wanted to go see her father, who was on his deathbed, at a club named Jenners. Sebastian agreed, and while Evie took care of her father till he passed, she did see her family members again-well, her uncle Peregrine, who pretended to be her friend Annabelle Hunt, thanks to the stupid Joss Bullard, and Sebastian saved her.

The one scene that had me crying all night was when Sebastian was telling Evie about her father's condition, and she didn't believe him one bit, and he yelled at her while moving his hands. Evie thought he was gonna hit her and he noticed....and he swore to her, ya'll-swore to her that he'll never lay a hand on her. Then he asked about who hit her in the past. Evie told him that it was her family that used to hit her, and automatically he said he'll tear him from limb from limb. I have never cried that night when I read that part-and the kiss after it tho....

Then my darling St. Vincent got shot (got dammit) and he was in bed, close to dying, but Marcus (yay!) and Cam Rohan saved him by using four o'clock plant and other things they used I can't remember, and his fever broke. And after that, he became a horrible little patient who rang that little sliver bell for everything (I would've broken it), but it did make Evie break their little bet-for three months he couldn't make love to her, but he can kiss her whenever and where ever he wanted.

At the end, Joss Bullard came back and tried to kill Evie, but Cam shot him dead when he was SUPPOSED to be dead, but in the end, Sebastian and Evie got together, and he became my bae....but now in a good way.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment