Home

Monday, July 8, 2024

Book Review: Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation volumes 4 & 5 by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu

Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation: Mo Dao Zu Shi (Novel) Vol. 4Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation: Mo Dao Zu Shi (Novel) Vol. 4 by Mò Xiāng Tóng Xiù
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Good lord this miscommunication trope nearly KILLED me in this volume, but OMG the (view spoiler) and how painful it was...I nearly cried. And WEN NING IS BABY, he deserves everything, including A-Yuan. And I did crack up laughing when they meet up again, and also Lan Zhan got drunk and did everything Wei Wuxian did when he was younger was also very funny. I truly enjoyed this so much.

View all my reviews *~*~*~*~*~* Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation: Mo Dao Zu Shi (Novel) Vol. 5Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation: Mo Dao Zu Shi (Novel) Vol. 5 by Mò Xiāng Tóng Xiù
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book hurt my soul in ways I didn't think it would hurt my soul.

I tried to prepare myself when it comes to this book. I tried so hard to prepare myself. Instead, I jumped in, knowing that I would be in pain the moment I opened the book, because the Guanyin Temple Arc was painful. I was even thinking about the show in my head as I read this book. But I really enjoyed myself. The sex scenes didn't take me out, even though it almost did. I was honestly giggling and kicking each time they got together.

The short stories that were in the book were actually pretty damn fun. I liked "The Incense Burner", "Gate Crasher", "Iron Hook" and "Yunmeng". Even though the eight stories were pretty great, those stories just stand out in my mind because I really liked reading them and I felt like I was there. "The Incense Burner" made me laugh because they were going through each other's dreams and they were getting much spicer and spicer the more I read it.

"Gate Crasher" and "Iron Hook" were my absolute favorites, mostly because of the juniors in it and how they were solving the mystery of these two ghosts and trying to figure out the origins and how they can solve the mystery, with both Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian or just Wei Wuxian, which I thought was pretty fun to read and to see the juniors solve a mystery with help from the both of them. If you ask me which mystery I liked the most, I have to say "Iron Hook", though "Gate Crasher" was pretty funny.

"Yunmeng" nearly made me cry because we get to see Yanli again, and Wei Ying and Jiang Cheng at home, along with "Lotus Pods"-that one might be my favorite as well because of the ending, when Lan Zhan started asking Xichen about things that Wei Wuxian likes to do, like eat lotus pods from the lotus roots with the longest stems or leaves or eat a watermelon rind.

I'm sad that this series is over, but at the same time I'll be thinking about these books as I move on to a new series, Heaven Official's Blessing.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment