Home

Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Book Review: Star Wars: The High Republic: Path of Vengeance by Cavan Scott

Path of Vengeance (Star Wars: The High Republic)Path of Vengeance by Cavan Scott
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

"I don't understand your reference, but vengeance is my shit."-Shoto Todoroki, probably

Sadly this book was a bit of a miss for me. I was prepared for the vengeance to happen, and the Stars to start Warring...instead, it was a space opera about two cousins, Marda Ro and Yana Ro, and they are trying to figure out what to do about the Path of the Open Hand and how the Mother is very charismatic and is making herself sick with a four-legged animal named the Leveler and is pretty much telling people what to do. Marda is called the Guide, and she keeps disappointing the Mother and the group, so Marda goes out and proves herself by going on a little trip to get some eggs for the Mother so she can be back in her good graces. When that doesn't work and the people Marda starts to love start to die, she kicks off a war between the Jedi and the people on Dalna to either please the Mother or prove to herself that she doesn't need her.

Her cousin, Yana Ro, starts to get suspicious about the Mother and tries to confide in her cousin, but Marda doesn't want to listen. So Yana does her own investigation, teaming up with the Jedi to find out what's going on. When the battle breaks out, Yana tries to stop whatever the Mother is planning, and yes, the two cousins do come to blows, but they set their differences aside and they fight the Mother, which, turns out, was a Jedi's sister. Once the Battle was over, the two decided to go their separate ways, and that was...it.

I did like the battle, that was probably my favorite battles that I'll ever read. But it kinda felt slow for me, and it was almost a struggle to read it, but I'm glad that I read it and enjoyed myself.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment