Home

Thursday, July 11, 2024

Book Review: Love, Theoretically by Ali Hazelwood

Love, TheoreticallyLove, Theoretically by Ali Hazelwood
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Hi hello I loved this book.

Was it because of the diabetic rep? Yes.

Was it because of Jack Smith-Turner? Also yes.

Was the romance perfection? Yes.

Basically, this might be my favorite Ali Hazelwood book that I've ever read, and I enjoyed every minute of it. For once, I really didn't care about the romance that happened in this book. All I cared about was Elsie's growth from creating a lot of versions of herself to finally finding the strength to tell people what she really thought. I really did cringe a bit at the Twilight reference, but I pushed them aside. The only thing that nagged me throughout the book was the fact that she wasn't doing the things I was doing with my diabetes, but then when she said that she was Type 1, I let it go and continued reading.

Jack Smith-Turner kind of reminded me of a sciencey Nanami Kento without the whole "WORK I SHIT!" vibes that I love very much. He's sweet, kind, and focuses all on Elsie and wants to protect her and help her create who she is and help her be as honest as she can, which is a huge plus for me, because I'm starting to like heroes like that. And Elsie going through so many emotions and then going through five stages of grief is kind of fun to read and I enjoyed myself reading this book and need to Ali Hazelwood as usual. Thank you.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment