Home

Saturday, July 20, 2024

Book Review: Hooky volume 3 by Miriam Bonastre Tur

Hooky Volume 3 (Hooky, 3)Hooky Volume 3 by Míriam Bonastre Tur
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this whole book in a DAY and my heart was both full of bursting and also in pain. Seeing Dani as the Queen of Witches was heartbreaking to read. It was also heartbreaking when she thought that Dorian was dead and she cursed herself to do so. But the only thing I really liked about this book was that it showed that friends will fight for you, even though it pains them to see you deep in the darkness. But the way they did it was so funny that I couldn't help but laugh and gasp as I read on, and got really worried that they weren't going to free Dani from the darkness.

I was glad that they found Dorian sleeping for three years, but he looked like a skeleton after all this time he was sleeping, and he was being protected by a dragon. It was funny to see him trying to find out how long he was out, and when he did find out, he wanted to go and save his sister. They tried everything to get Dani back to normal, but it was getting hard. The friends-Nico, Damien, Will, and Monica, along with others (because I can't remember who else was there) went to go and find them and try to figure out how to snap Dani out of it, and when all it took was Monica speech about wanting everyone, human and witch, together, and Dorian changing the color of the hats to many colors, Dani broke free of her own curse, and after that she started to get better.

The relationship between Monica and Will wasn't gonna work. Even though they got married like their parents wanted, it turns out that Monica was in love with Dorian, and it also turns out that Will was in love with Damien, but he held it in all this time and didn't know if he would return his feelings. Even though he did, it was funny each time Damien blushed at the kiss and the moves Will put on him, but I loved it nonetheless.

My favorite part about this book was the ending and how all the characters, including the villains, got some kind of ending. For the characters, they got happy endings, like Monica and Dorian dating while Dorian is a professor at a magic school. Dani wanted to do something with her life, so she became Monica's messenger so she could spread Monica's word about humans and witches working and living together. Nico became a fortune teller, but he joined Dani on her adventure and it was so cute. As for Damien, he stayed at the castle with Monica and his boyfriend, Will, and they lived happily ever after, and I really loved that so much.

Just like the other book, I'm kinda sad that this series is over, but I'm glad that I read it and had so much fun reading it :)

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment