Home

Monday, July 22, 2024

Book Review: Accomplishments of the Duke's Daughter volume 1 by Reia

Accomplishments of the Duke's Daughter (Light Novel) Vol. 1Accomplishments of the Duke's Daughter (Light Novel) Vol. 1 by Reia
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This might be my favorite light novel of all time. I randomly picked this up because I had nothing else to do and didn't want to read the books I said I would read, and I'm so glad that I picked this book up. I got worried for a minute that this was going to be like every single isekai/fantasy book I've read, but as soon as I got started reading it, I loved every bit of it. I loved it so much that I had to tell my friends about it and begged them to read it.

Iris Armelia had broken her engagement to Prince Edward, the second-born son of the king, and she went back home, fearing that she would go to a nunnery for the rest of her life because of what she did and said to Prince Edward's new girlfriend, Yuri. But her father gave her a chance to turn it all around: by giving her the acting duchy/governor of Armelia. She accepted and went to Armelia and got to work, being a boss bitch and doing everything she could to make Armelia rich and better for everyone, including the commoners. She made a bank, she started her own business, she even went to the villages to tour them, to see what is it that people need and silently give it to them. She even went to see the Mayor and the Merchant's Guild to work with them and see how she can make what she wanted into fruition, which I really, really loved.

I really liked how Iris got everyone that worked for her-from the streets-and she even went to the orphanage to spend time with the children there. She even tried to protect them from a very evil landlord who wanted all of them to get out. Iris is just living her best life away from high society that she didn't even care about them--until the ending, when she got an invitation to go to the Foundation Ball. I also really liked that the people around her wanted her to take a break after working so hard to keep Armelia prosperous, which was something I really, really liked and have also enjoyed very much.

There was a scene where Yuri mentioned that she wanted to disband the military so they can feed the poor, and Iris's brother Berne started to dislike Yuri, even when he went to the country seat and seen what his sister had done while he was away at school. He saw what his sister had done, even with newcomer Dean helping around and making sure that she was doing well and Armelia was thriving.

But now I'm wondering what's going to happen at the Ball and how would Iris feel when she leaves to go back to the high society that kicked her out? I cannot wait to find out soon

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment