Home

Saturday, July 13, 2024

Book Review: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When I first started reading this book, I wanted to DNF it-Anna was annoying, she didn't know what she wanted, and she hated her father, a best-selling author who writes terrible romances. But in Paris, the City of Love, it sounded like Anna wasn't going to have a good time and was working hard to go back home to Atlanta, where everything was normal and something she was used to.

Instead, she meets and falls in love with a boy named Etienne St. Clair, who has his own problems. From having a girlfriend, hating his daddy, and wishing he was in California with his mama, but can't because of his father controlling everything he wants, St. Clair sounds like a treat. But with the miscommunication trope huge in this book, and seeing Anna discover her own Paris while she was enjoying her senior year at SOAP (weird name for a school, but I'm going to let it go), this was fun, and I'm so glad that I stuck with it.

I was kind of worried at first that I wasn't going to like this book, because it had the miscommunication trope in the book, with Anna overthinking things and St. Clair running to his girlfriend Ellie what seems like EVERY SINGLE BLOODY TIME, I actually enjoyed myself reading this book, and like I said, I'm glad that I read this book. It was fun, I felt like I was back as a teenager again in my senior year, going through the motions with Anna and St. Clair, and watching them fall in love during the whole year of them in school. I don't know if I'll pick up the rest of the books in the series, but I'm glad that I read this one. It was really fun and I enjoyed myself.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment