Home

Friday, June 16, 2023

Book Review: The Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches by Sangu Mandanna

The Very Secret Society of Irregular WitchesThe Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches by Sangu Mandanna
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh. My. God.

This is the coziest book I’ve ever read in my life, and on top of that, I really didn’t care about the romance. All I cared about was the Nowhere House, and the people that lived in the house. I wanted to hang out with Ian, Ken, Lucie, Mika, Jamie, Altamira, Terracotta and Rosetta and stay in that house so much that I wished it was real. I really liked the everyday life that happened in the house, and I wished that they were real-that’s how much I really loved this book. The romance in the book was down on my list of things about this book that made it really good, I just loved how cozy and how I wanted to live in the Nowhere House.

But the romance in it was pretty nice and cozy as well. I really liked Mika and how she’s tutoring the girls on their magic, and how slow and sweet their romance got, even though Ian was asking so many questions and had tried multiple times to lock them up in a closet so they can kiss (me too, Ian, me too). But this is the first time I’ve ever read a grumpy x sunshine trope, and I have to say, it has been done well. But as I said, I really didn’t care about the romance at all. All I cared about was the people in the house and how they are living, thriving, and honestly minding their own business when it comes to the children and going out and having fun and learning how to control their magic.

My favorite child out of all three of them has to be Rosetta. Yes, she actually caused a little tornado in the bookstore, but she’s actually very sweet and kind and also very sure of herself when she wants to get revenge on Terracotta, who didn’t steal her puzzle from her room. I also love the fact that Rosetta can get serious when it comes to learning magic, and also comes up with really good ideas. I also like Terracotta-she kept cracking me up when she kept coming up with ways to kill Mika because she didn’t want her there, and I also liked how she defy pretty much everyone when she wanted to float in the air and ride a stick as if it was a broomstick.

The ending was the most funniest one ever-when they locked Edward in the shed because they reanimated the corpse of Lillian, and how it turns out Primrose is the sister of Lilian and that her name was Peony. But I really enjoyed this book, it’s one of my favorite ones this year, right next to From Lukov from Love.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment