Home

Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Book Review: Her First Christmas Cowboy by Maisey Yates

Her First Christmas Cowboy (Four Corners Ranch #0.5)Her First Christmas Cowboy by Maisey Yates
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A outlaw on the run, and a teacher trying to grade her students grades meet in this age-gap Christmas cowboy romance. I thought that I would immediately hate this book because of the age-gap trope–it’s an ick of mine, but this novella makes me want to reconsider it a tiny bit, because this was written so well that I didn’t hate it. In fact, I enjoyed it. It also helped that the outlaw, Clayton Everett, sounded like Arthur Morgan in my head.

Tala Nelson was having a lovely night drinking chamomile tea and grading her students homework when her door opened and…a man dressed in black bust through her door, bleeding like hell from a gunshot wound, and he falls down on her floor. So what does she do as calmly as she can? She helped him clean up his wound (the bullet grazed him), and fixed him some food. Clayton Everett, the outlaw, agrees, and the two settle into the cutest domesticated relationship that bloomed into love, something I never thought I liked, but I did.

The domestic relationship between Tala and Clayton was so very cute. She got worried about him while they settled into a really good and comfortable relationship before they made love one night. I also liked that Tala was curvy, which was a plus. And the fact that Clayton can cook too? BOY I WAS SOLD. I wish there was more to the story, because I would’ve loved it more, but now it makes me want to read more outlaw novels because now I want one that can cook and kiss me. Darn it.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment