Home

Sunday, August 14, 2022

Book Review: Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard

Glass SwordGlass Sword by Victoria Aveyard
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book felt like a really old 80s action movie, starring Stallone, Schwarzenegger and Segal, or like the Expendables, but you add in the Game of Thrones bit and the powers, then that’s Glass Sword. I felt like in this book Mare was Sylvester’s character Barney in the Expendables 3, trying to come up with a team to take down Maven (in which I was curse him out at the end of this review). She does have Cal, and yes, she does get with him, but at the end it didn’t end well with them. Surprisingly, this time in this book we have Shade, Mare’s brother, but she kinda…I wanna say treat him like crap before he was killed, but at least she treated him like a brother at the end.

What Maven did at Chapter Nineteen pissed me off to high heaven for MANY reasons. One of them was that after what he did, he kept leaving messages for her to find, which I found very creepy (but at the same time, kinda gave me ideas for no good reason) and then as they try and find people to recruit, they didn’t find much because of Maven. Then they went to break into a jail, and, well.. THAT didn’t end well, for many reasons why.

One, because every single Silver that was guarding the place was dying and yet when it came to Queen Elara, I had a feeling she was sneaking around the place, waiting for Mare to show up. And when the two of them faced off and she died in that malestorm, I thought it was a sucky ending for her. I actually wanted her alive at least till the next book, and then she dies. But it was pretty gruesome to keep her dead body around and show all of Norta that she’s dead and that Maven is a big fat liar (which he is, BTW.)

As for Maven, he wasn’t really in this book. His presence was there, but it was like he just wasn’t gonna deal with Mare’s shit and went to pretend he was king and all that. But he just pissed me off for SO MANY REASONS, even for what he did in Chapter Nineteen, doing that poor person like that. Just to get at Mare, and the clicking, switching thing he got to make sure she doesn't really leave his presence, which sucks, TBH. AND HE’S STILL A JUMPED UP LITTLE SHIT AND I HOPE SOMETHING REALLY BAD HAPPENS TO HIM, HE DOESN’T GET THAT JOB, HE DOESN’T GET ANYMORE PROMOTIONS, I HOPE HE GETS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BECAUSE IT WILL POSSIBLY GET WORSE FOR HIM.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment