Home

Thursday, October 28, 2021

Book Review: The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan

The Eye of the World (The Wheel of Time, #1)The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have DNFed this book, I put this book down MULTIPLE times, and I have also forgotten that I’m reading this book up till now. I finished this book yesterday, and I have to say, this book has to be one of my favorite books, right next to Dread Nation by Justine Ireland. The Eye of the World, though it is a long book with fifty three chapters along with the glossary, was very eyecatching, very easy to follow, and also very good to enjoy, to sit back and relax and just read.

The Eye of the World is about a boy named Rand al’Thor who lives in Emon Field with his friends, Mat Cuthon and Perrin Aybara, and his father, Tam al’Thor. They were excited for Bel Tine, a festival that celebrates spring, when Moiraine and Lan came to the village. They were only seeking shelter, no more, and that sparked the whispers and the fears that came with being an Aes Sedai. One night, Trollocs and a Myrddral appeared and attacks the village, looking for Rand and his friends. Sadly, they weren’t in town, and Tam got hurt. Rand found a way to make it back to the village, where Moiraine healed him and tells him that he and his friends have to leave the village to go somewhere else, to Tar Valon.

Though it hurt him and his friends to do that, that’s when they discover that they are much more than just a couple of farm boys from a small village called Emon Field/Two Rivers.

First off, Rand and his friends are haunted by the Dark One himself, and they tried to keep it from Moiraine, but they couldn’t keep it to themselves when they told her. Secondly, Perrin became a Wolfbrother, who can speak and communicate with the wolves. He and Egwene get caught by the Children of the Light, who thought that he was lying about some things, and one man was honestly going to kill him, but thank god he didn’t as they escaped thanks to Moiraine and Lan and Nynaeve. Egwene and Nynaeve can channel, though Egwene is excited about it and Nynaeve...isn’t. Mat stole a dagger that made him not trust a bunch of people (yep, THAT DAGGER) and it also cursed him, but Moiraine tried to heal him, but it didn’t work too well.

We also meet a lot of monsters and people in the book. We meet the ogier Loial, the trollocs, the myrddral, the forsaken and the Dark One, who for a couple of chapters he appeared scared me a bit, but as I moved on and kept reading, he became less scary to me. I also loved the other characters in the book, like Logain Albar the False Dragon, Elayne Tarkand, the Tuatha’an, Elyas-those people were so, so good and I felt like they rounded out the world, even though this is book one of this series.

I do have book two and book eleven, and one day, I will get all of the books, but for now I’m gonna finish this book review by saying that this is a really good fantasy novel, and a really good forway into the Wheel of Time series.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment