Home

Friday, August 27, 2021

Book Review: Halfway to the Grave: A Night Huntress Novel by Jeaniene Frost

Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1)Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have read about a couple books of the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost-One Grave at a Time and Up from the Grave-and had fallen in love with Cat and Bones as a couple. But reading book one and seeing how they met and how they fell in love, along with finding their first vampire together was a really good experience, in my case. I loved every bit of the action and how Cat and Bones worked perfectly together, and the ending kinda made me mad, but let me explain.

Halfway to the Grave is about a half-vampire, half human girl named Catherine “Cat” Crawfield, and she’s been hunting vampires for a while until she meets the beautiful but sexy Crispin Bones. Thinking he’s one of the vampires that she was looking for, she tricks him like she does most of her victims, and then winds up on the other side, when she wakes up and is caught by Bones instead, who thought that she was one of another vampire’s men, and thus the whole enemies to lovers trope happens between the two.

Bones trains Cat after hearing her story from her about how she was made, which is why she was hunting down all these vampires-because her mother got raped by one and she wants to find out who he is-and also because her mother really hates vampires and doesn't want her to go down an “evil” road and be a vampire. But all vampires can’t be bad, right? Especially when they are so good lookin’, sexy as hell, and can kick ass and take names? Right?

Well before long, Cat and Bones fall in love, and they team up to find a vampire named Hennessy, a vampire that is very vicious and evil at the same time. Well shit doesn't hit the fa until Cat’s grandparents are killed and her mother is kidnapped, and she and Bones goes and find Hennessey and kills him, but not before her mother finds out that she’s dating Bones and pretty much thinks that Bones had her in his “thrall” and was leading her down a path of evil, which is such bullshit.

Then she’s approached by Don from a Paranormal Unit, and was pretty much offered a job there in the hospital after she took out a bunch of vampires, including Hennessey, and also the governor (that part shocked the hell out of me, though). Basically, after breaking Don’s kneecap and scaring the shit out of Tate, she agrees on taking the job and protecting her mother, and even makes a few demands to make sure that she’s taking this job. In the end, she broke up with Bones (which pissed me off) in a note and just left him...like that. That made me so mad.

But in the end, I really did enjoy this and I’m glad that I picked this book up and read it, because now I have a new book boyfriend and a series I really want to complete reading.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment