Home

Friday, August 27, 2021

Book Review: Black Butler volume 1 by Yana Toboso

Black Butler, Vol. 1 (Black Butler, #1)Black Butler, Vol. 1 by Yana Toboso
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I decided to pick up some manga again, and decided to start with volume one with Black Butler. I'm honestly glad I did because I found myself missing Ciel and Sebastian and the crew. It is a really funny manga with some parts of it that reminded me of the anime (in which I need to watch part three of it) but other than that, I truely enjoyed it.

Black Butler is about a boy named Ciel Phantomhive who had made a deal with a devil he named Sebastian, and all funny sheanagians happen! Along with his other servants-Finny, Mey-Rin and Baldroy...who can't seem to do anything around the house! Finny is the gardener who destroys anything he can touch (but he's baby!), Mey-Rin is quite a klutz, and Baldroy...just can't cook (oof). All of them are going on adventures and solving cases, even fighting off the Italian mob after they kidnapped Ciel. There was also a fancy ball thrown by Ciel's fiancee, Elizabeth, and yes, she breaks Ciel's ring and he tries to pretend there's no attachment to it, but Sebastian somehow fixes it.

But that's just a day's work for Sebastian Michaelis, the butler of the Phantomhive manor, who is, sincerely, "One hell of a butler."

The artwork in the manga is very beautiful and I enjoyed every bit of it, and cannot wait to read more of this manga really soon!

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment