Home

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Book Review: Rock Hard by Nalini Singh

Rock Hard (Rock Kiss, #2)Rock Hard by Nalini Singh
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is my first time ever reading one of Nalini Singh’s novels-I know people had said that her psy-changeling novels are the best-but since my library didn’t have one (and I really don’t feel like buying them somewhere) I decided to check out Rock Hard from her Rock Kiss novels...and I have to say, her writing did not disappoint me. This book was so damned good-it was my first office romance novel and on top of that, it had to deal with trauma and abuse, which I took care of myself after I read this book, and it also touched on second chances at love, and, of course, letting the characters work out the relationship slowly.

So what is this book about?

This book is about Charlotte Baird who works at a failing business with a really crappy boss (um, who does this remind you of?), who meets her new boss. Gabriel Bishop (before we go any further…)

Gabriel Bishop is drop dead sexy as hell and the nickname T-Rex suits him to a G (yes, I said G. MOVING ON….).

..by throwing a stapler at his head. Yes, that’s right, stapler. Then over the course of the book, we see the mouse (Charlotte) grow as a character, from being all shy and timid, to learning how to handle her rugby player boss/boyfriend (my new book boyfriend) and to overcome her trauma of what happened to her by the hands of her ex, who was in jail before he got out and tried to hurt her again. I loved loved loved the fact that Gabriel was slow and steady with her, not wanting to do anything to her that she was not ready for. I did also love the growling and the dirty talk too, but I think this book just shows that if you have someone who understands you and learns what you’re going through, then I think y’all can have a really good relationship, especially when said man is a T-Rex that thinks he can have his way, and a mouse that teaches him and pretty much fights with him the whole entire time, but then lets him do things to her-like take her to therapy, take her to a rugby game-and slowly but surely learn to love her, even when they got engaged she said “I’m not getting married to you after I learn how to sleep with you (in bed together instead of apart).” and he agreed to those terms.

All in all, Nalini Singh did a really good job with this book, ten ten across the board.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment