Home

Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Book Review: An Affair Before Christmas

An Affair Before Christmas (Desperate Duchesses, #2)An Affair Before Christmas by Eloisa James
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When you thought you did a book review on this book, but in reality you really didn't, and so you're about to do a book review now...

Soo hi, here's a book review about eight years too late when I first started reading this book, thinking 'Oh, I've read this book and it turns out...you fucking didn't. So this book was a fast read for me, mostly because I needed something to help me get over my Matthew Clairmont addiction, but in fact...it made it a tiny bit worse because of the fact that they went to the Ashmolean Museum in Oxford and I cried a little because it made me think of Matthew...BUT ENOUGH ABOUT MATTHEW CLAIRMONT....

This book was honestly a trip for me. It started off with Poppy and Fletch having a sexless marriage because of Poppy's overbearing mother...and yet once again, my problem with overbearing mamas telling their daughters what to do reared up big time and then Poppy falling out of love with the Duke of Fletcher because of her mama. So she moved out of her own home to live with Jemma (and honestly, lemme say this real quick: Jemma, Duchess of Beaumont, is giving me hella Lady Rosalie vibes and inspiration for her for my own Christmaswip-more on that on my blog later) and slowly she starts to turn into a Naturalist and finding her own self, letting go of everything her mama told her to do and just...be Perdita. Not a puppet her mother wanted her to be.

Fletch and Poppy kept thinking that they didn't love each other, they will forever be in a sexless marriage and will never have children. Fletch though Poppy hated sex, but it turns out that she listened to her damned mama about sex that she didn't even enjoy it...until that nigh at the Beaumont house, where Poppy started feeling those urges for him again, and decided to tell her friends that she wanted to seduce Fletch into bed like a Frenchwoman..well, after her mother went into a nunnery because someone thought that she was in love with a young man, then she felt those feeling for Fletch, and she seduced her husband like she was a Frenchwoman.

But the one odd thing in the story was the Duke of Villiers and his wound he got from the Earl of Gryffon, and how Miss Charlotte Tatlock pretty much brought him back to life, snapping at him and thinking he was dead and all...but all in all it was a really good book, even when Poppy and Fletch made love in a little bunny cave outside, I think? But it was really good and it gave me a lot of inspiration for my Christmaswip.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment