Home

Saturday, June 8, 2019

Book Review: The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas

The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass, #0.1-#0.5)The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

So...stupid me forgot that I didn't do a book review for this book. So I guess after reading this the second time, I decided to *finally* do a book review of The Assassin's Blade, a Throne of Glass novellas by Miss Sarah J. Maas...aka Yet Another Book That Wrecked Me At The End.

Shall we begin?

Like most books like this, I'll break this up by the short stories:

1.) The Assassin and the Pirate Lord-The first time I read this, I hated the pirate lord. I wanted to kill him for so many things. But to find out the Aborynn sent Sam and Celaena to get slaves from him, I was both shocked and appalled that he did that. I'm glad that Celaena came up with a plan to stop him from doing that because I couldn't believe that the King of Assassins would do that. But he did, but his plan was foiled, even though Sam didn't want to do it in the first place, calling it foolish. But he helped, and now all the slaves she saved were free and will never be slaves ever.

2.) The Assassin and the Healer-This is after when Aborynn beat Celaena and told her to go to the Red Desert. This was a really cute story about how she met this girl who worked at this tavern and saved her from drunks. She even taught her how to defend herself, then gave her some money and her brooch so she could leave that horrible place and go to be a Healer.

3.) The Assassin and the Desert-I *almost* shipped Celaena and Illas so hard, but Ansel was such a bitch for doing what she did. All because of something that happened to her a long time ago. And she and Celaena were such good friends, stealing Asterion horses and helping stop a local lord. But NOOOOO, Ansel made a damned deal with the lord and Celaena nearly killed her, but told her to get out and ride before she shot her arrow at her. That good she waited another minute before she shot her arrow. And I'm also glad that she learned some things from the Mute Master.

4.) The Assassin and the Underworld-This is the least one I liked from this group of stories, mostly because Aborynn screwed her over, but he showered her with gifts though. And Lysandra...hate her so much. I hope to god that she doesn't show up in the other books, because I want Celaena to mess her face right on up. And I felt sorry for Sam for even dealing with poor Lysandra during and after her Bidding, but glad that Celaena paid off his and her debts before moving out and leaving Abroynn for good.

5.)The Assassin and the Empire-THIS STORY BROKE THE HELL OUT OF ME. The way Sam died, and how Celaena had to go to the Salt Mines of Endovier. She was fucking set up by Aborynn-for what I don't know, but fucking hell, man. I hated Aborynn throughout the whole entire book, and to fucking set her up the way he did...I wished for the love god that he would die for what he did. That pissed me off to the HIGHEST pissofity. Also I hate the King of Ardarlan. So damned much.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment