Home

Monday, August 20, 2018

Book Review: Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar

Gossip Girl (Gossip Girl, #1)Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Once upon a time, back when I was in the tenth/eleventh grade, I picked up a book that looked interesting to me called Gossip Girl, called Nothing Can Keep Us Together and I absolutely loved it-loved it enough that I wanted to buy the whole entire book series and read it all. Fast Forward to now and I picked this book up again, starting with the first book, and I fell in love with it all over again after starting to watch the show on Netflix again. So if you're here for the first time and never ever heard of this book, then lemme tell you what's it's about.

It's about a group of people who lives on the Upper East Side of NYC and goes to the schools of Constance Billard, St. Judes and Riverside Prep who's lives are being watched and read about on a gossip site called Gossip Girl-and yeah it's like the show, but it's totally, totally different and the same at the same time.

For one, Blair and Nate are together, but once Serena van der Woodsen comes back from boarding school, everything changes. Nate tells Blair that he and Serena slept together, and then Blair made him promise NEVER to speak to Serena ever again. Yeah right, Blair, like that's gonna happen. The Chuck and Jenny thing happened as well at the Kiss on the Lips party, and Serena and Dan saved her.

Oh yeah, remember Dan and Jenny Humphries? Yeah, they're in the book too-Jenny is the lame ninth grader who wants to be in with the older kids, and Dan's still lonely boy, but all except he has hair, smokes a lot, and drinks a bunch of coffee, and yes, he's a tortured soul in the book. Oh and Vanessa's in the book too, but she's a clean shaven girl who actually goes to Constance and wants to be a film director in the books (and also in the show).

I also came up with a silly little rhyme each time I saw Chuck Bass (in the books and on TV):

If you wanna punch Chuck Bass in the face, clap your hands
If you wanna punch Chuck Bass in the face, clap your hands
If you really hate Chuck and you really wanna show it
Punch Chuck Bass in the face

….needs a little work but it rhymes...right??

I love this book and I truly do recommend this book series so much.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment