Home

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Book Review: Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns by Lauren Weisberger

Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil ReturnsRevenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns by Lauren Weisberger
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The second book of Revenge Wears Prada...I thought I wouldn't like it as I thought, but the more I read it, the more I actually loved it.

It had been years since Andy and Emily had worked as Miranda Priestly's assistants at Runway, and the two girls who used to be enemies are now best friends and married-Emily to Miles and Andy to (well, about to) get married to the love of her life. Max Harrison. From wedding preperations to finding a letter her mother-in-law wrote to him about his bachlor trip and meeting his ex girlfriend, to a week later when Andy finds out she's pregnant with her first child, it's almost all too much...

Until the deal of the lifetime with Elias-Clarke comes on their laps that Andy and Emily both face the Devil herself again, Miranda Priestly. Andy downright refuses to sign the deal, knowing good and time well that they'll work under Miranda again and go through what they went through when they were working at Runway, Emily basically turned around and started kissing Miranda's ass again, even at the dinner.

It was like Andy was the smart one throughout the whole entire thing, even when she had Clementine and met back up with Max again through her mommy and me class (I didn't know they even EXISTED in New York) and then the moment of truth came when Andy got to Emily's house and found out that both Max and Emily signed the deal, and automatically, and this is the part I truely hate but understand, Andy washed her hands with them (both Emily and Max), took Clementine and went home, feeling betrayed. A year later her and Max seperated, Andy found a job with the Writer's Space, dated a couple times with a man named Nick, also her Grams died a year before the ending.

But I honestly hated the ending-to me, I think Andy should've stayed with Max after the "betrayal" and yeah she could've worked at the Writer's Space because divorcing him after what he did was stupid as hell on Andy's part. Yeah they have child visitations and keeping the kid on certain days and whatnot, but divorcing him? ANDY WHY.

Secondly, I thought The Plunge was doing much better where they were instead of with Elias-Clarke and under Miranda Priestly. THEY DIDN'T REALLY NEED HER SO ANDY WAS RIGHT AND EMILY WAS WRONG. Dead wrong.

Also, just FYI, I loved Miranda's apartment. Just saying. I would totally live there.

So inconclusion, Andy was right at the end and Emily was wrong. Miranda's still the Devil Wearing Prada, and this book was really good.

That's all. *Miranda Priestly voice*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment