Home

Saturday, July 10, 2021

Book Review: Reawakened: A Once Upon a Time Tale by Odette Beane

Reawakened (Once Upon a Time, #1)Reawakened by Odette Beane
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Reawakened is basically a summary of season one of Once Upon a Time, and reading and remembering what happened in season one was a joy and a delight to read. You read about Regina being all sneaky and trying to keep Emma away from Henry, being a Karen and the Mayor the whole time you’re reading it, Mr. Gold being sneaky, Henry doing “Operation Cobra” to get Emma to believe the stories...like you see the growth in Emma in the book and the show and finding out where she came from and how she became an orphan till what she is today.

I have to say, the more I read this book, the more I felt like Regina was acting like a Karen when it came to Henry, and it completely went over my head, but honestly, as I read it, the more I just said it: Regina was acting like a damn Karen whenever Emma was around Henry. But I can see how fiercely protective Regina and Emma was to Henry and how the both of them want whats right for Henry.

And Mary Margaret and David Nolan...oooof their relationship in the beginning. Oof, oof, oof. It was almost painful to read, but I’m glad that I saw how that relationship turned out, through them getting their memories back and her calling out “My prince!” when she saw him after thinking of her name made me smile, because honestly, I thought they weren’t gonna get together, but I’m glad they did at the end.

Four out of five stars for me, truly enjoyed this book.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment