Home

Sunday, May 19, 2019

Book Review: Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things by Jenny Lawson

Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible ThingsFuriously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things by Jenny Lawson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I brought this book at my school's bookstore because it was interesting, and also the furiously happy raccoon on the cover. I didn't read this book for a semester until now, and I'm glad that I read this funny book. I laughed at a lot of parts of the book, even started my own little pen pal notes that my mind goes through because I found that part very funny. For example:

"Matthew Mercer is a huge teddy bear that I would like to hug one day."

"Every time I see a crepe, I think of Malec."

“Why am I imaging Vergil holding a baby, but not in a good way?”

There were some parts of the book that I connected with-like how her husband would sit up at night, saying that the cat don’t own pants and that the nurse had the wrong house, or the cutest arguments ever that made me laugh so much. At the end of the book I felt happy and glad that I read this book. I mean, it pulled me in with a raccoon on the cover, and I’m glad that there’s someone out there in the world that gets me. Like, truly gets me.

When I grow up, I want to be just like Jenny Lawson.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment