Home

Monday, February 23, 2015

Book Review: Secrets of a Summer Night (Wallflowers, #1) by Lisa Kleypas

Secrets of a Summer Night (Wallflowers, #1)Secrets of a Summer Night by Lisa Kleypas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So...this book made me have feels. Feels I didn't expect while reading this book.

To start off this review, I honestly didn't ship Annabelle and Simon. The way she kept rejecting him from his offers of dancing, to trying to get Lord Kendall, and how the sass was very real every time they're together, I kept saying up and down, "I do not ship, I do not ship, I do not ship....." But then as I read on....I WENT DOWN WITH THIS SHIP.

I went down with this ship the moment Annabelle felt sick and Simon told her (after a round of Rounders-in-Knickers with the other Wallflowers) that she had an Adders bite from a snake (well, he told her once he took off her shoes and her stockings from the hem of her dress and she wanted to kill him, but she was too weak to do it) from her walk with Lord Kendall and the others (Simon was there too...darn it). She was out of action for a while, in which Simon kept her company by teaching her how to play chess (no wonder why Ciel Phantomhive likes that game), and talked about trains with her-which was really, really cute! Then Lord Hodgeham came up to bother Annabelle, saying that he wanted her (in a really, DISGUSTING way, mind you) and almost had her...but Simon saved the day (awe!)

But as the book went on, I was happy when they finally got married (yay!) and then it went downwards because of the way people was talking about them-like "oh, they only got an invite to this party because of Lord Westcliff" and "I can't believe she married down." I went 'Bruh, really?' but then again, this was back in the day, not in this time period because if I was Annabelle, I would've gone Nene Leakes on them, but in all honesty I would've ignored them completely (in which she did).

This book had me going through so many feels from one scene to the next, and I cannot wait to read this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment