Home

Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Book Review: The Perfect Wife by Lynsay Sands

The Perfect WifeThe Perfect Wife by Lynsay Sands
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So this was an okay romance, nothing to run home and tell Mama about. It's about a girl named Avelyn, who's curvy and perfect, but thanks to her cousins, her self-esteem is torn to the point that she thinks she's ugly and not attractive to her husband that she betrothed to. When Paen comes to marry her, she thinks that Paen would find her disgusting and would run the moment he sees her. Instead, Paen falls in love with her, and once he finds out why her self-esteem is so messed up, he helps her see that she's perfect the way she is.

Some funny things keep happening to Avelyn, like her dress ripping to the side, her near drowning and Paen getting on her horse to clear out her windpipe, and her falling to the point that her dress caught and saved her. It turns out that someone was trying to kill her because she was with Paen and not her daughter, which was clearly messed up. But it was funny that the killer was scared of Avelyn's pet piglet, Samson, who just came up the stairs and just ran towards her.

The spice scenes were okay, it wasn't the ones that made me go "Well godddamn!" and all that. It did make me laugh every once in a while, but other than that it was alright, nothing to come home and tell mama again (again, because it was just okay).

The murder plot against her was fine, it wasn't all that shocking to me anyway, but all in all it was a really good book, I enjoyed myself, and I might pick up the next book, I might now, Idk.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment