Home

Saturday, May 11, 2024

Book Review: All the Stars and Teeth by Adalyn Grace

All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)All the Stars and Teeth by Adalyn Grace
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the first time reading anything by Adalyn Grace, and I have to say, this was a pretty fun book. I loved the action, the adventure, everything. It made me want to pick up the next book in this series, and then finally read Belladonna, because Adalyn Grace has become one of my favorite authors of all time right now.

This book is about a princess named Amora, who was training and was about to become the next High Animancer, when the soul magic that she uses took over her, and her father threw her in jail. Thanks to the help of a pirate named Bastien Bargas, she gets on his boat, the Kneel Haul, and starts to escape...but her fiancee, Ferrick, comes to try and stop them, only for him to come along with them on their adventures. Amora wanted to be on the ship and learn how to steer one for so long, that being on the boat feels like a dream. The three of them go to three islands to find and learn about a man named Kaven, who wants to take over the kingdom of Viridia.

There is a tiny bit of romance in the book which I liked, but I also liked how Amora was strong and wanted so hard to see and save her kingdom from what her family has done to it after all this time. Seeing the world and seeing where her father didn't do what he was supposed to do when it came to protecting the kingdom and helping the rest of the islands was so heartbreaking to read. I felt so bad for her to witness all the pain that happened, and when she finally met Kaven and learned about where the soul magic came from and how it twisted into what she knows now.

When she lost her magic, it felt like she lost a part of herself, and she didn't even want to get out of bed. But thank god someone (Bastian and Ferrick) told her that she can save her kingdom with or without her soul magic, which she did, but thanks to Kaven tying her father's soul to him and then her father turning around and killing himself (ow that hurts so much!) she finally got the strength to kill Kaven, but at the same time, learn that Bastian tied himself to her and that part of her soul is with him, just like Bastian's soul was with Kneel Haul. I am so invested in this story that I NEED book two to know how it ends.

I really enjoyed this book so much, and I'm so glad that I read it. Adalyn Grace, you're my new favorite author, I love you

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment