Home

Friday, June 14, 2024

Book Review: Unbreakable: A Cloverleigh Farms novel by Melanie Harlow

Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)Unbreakable by Melanie Harlow
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

First time reading Melanie Harlow, and it blew me away. I thought I wasn't going to like this, but the more I read this book, the more I fell in love with the world of Cloverleigh Farms, and I really loved the relationship between Sylvia and Henry. I loved how they gave each other space and they took the time to understand each other, and I liked how Sylvia and Henry learn about the farm together while she was staying there.

So about the farm...first off, I thought it was an actual farm, with the chickens and the cows and all of that. But when I read that it was a wine farm, I was hooked. I loved learning about how they make the wine and how they distribute the wine, I really enjoyed learning about that, and I wanted to read more.

My favorite character in the book is Sylvia. I loved reading how she got drunk from the many drinks at the country club and told the room to "not be an asshole/dick" to moving back home to figure out what she needs to do now since she and her ex-husband are not together again, and she's now a single mom who needs to think about her kids and her and what she needs to do in order to pick herself up again. I really love how she was straightforward in her relationship with Henry, and how she was sad to break it up because of her and her kids. Honestly, I was cheering for Sylvia for the whole book and I loved it.

Now Henry is my favorite character as well (basically, this couple is my favorite character by far). He's kind, sweet, a hard worker, and someone who gave Sylvia some time to think about what she wanted, and if she wanted him, he was ready to jump in the relationship with both feet. And when Whitney showed up to talk to him and basically told him to be a hero for her mom, and that she needs more than her and her brother to make her feel fulfilled.

All in all, this was such a really cute romance and I might be reading more from this author because this was really good.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment